Friday, June 5, 2015

losing at jumanjii

The past 2 weeks have been insanely busy and overwhelming.   Let's see... the chaos seemed to start the week before Eloise was born.

  • We had the floors put in, so that was 3 days of jumbled, unorganized mess. 
  • Hudson's birthday- which we didn't celebrate in our typical "party" way... which crushed me a little bit
  • Eloise arrived that weekend
  • Baseball games 2-3 nights a week
  • Dance rehearsal one evening
  • Dance recital one afternoon
  • Field Day at Porter's school
  • Author readings at P's school
  • P's end of the year class party
  • Hudson had a Memories Party with his class one evening
  • The horse had her hooves trimmed one day, and another day the vet was out to the barn for shots
  • Eloise has had 2 baby well visits in the past week
  • Multiple chiropractor appointments
  • I've been planning Hudson's actual birthday party we're having for him next weekend
  • Drake, the dog, has been to the vet 2 times in the past 2 weeks 
  • I've been desperately trying to catch up on work, and get things out for June for my teams, as well as follow up with my team members from May.  I'm feeling overwhelmed because people still need me and are still coming to me as their leader but I'm just drowning.  
Let me tell you.... I am SO SO relieved school is over.  This has to be the busiest end of the year ever. My house... I saw this funny joke on the internet the other day "My house looks like I'm losing a game of jumanjii"  Oh yes, yes it does.  The kids have brought home all their crap from school, we have laundry galore, never ending dishes and just kid stuff EVERYWHERE.  GAH!  I can't wait to be able to focus a little bit and not be on the run so much.  Hopefully we can try to relax a little bit this summer?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment